Follow the instructions below to add a shortcut to a website on the home screen of your iPad, iPhone, or Android devices.
iPad or iPhone
- Launch “Safari” app. (This does not work from the “Chrome” app).
- Tap the Share icon (a right-pointing arrow coming out of a box) along the bottom of the Safari window to open a menu
- Tap “Add to Home Screen.” The Add to Home dialog box will appear, with the icon that will be used for this website on the left side of the dialog box.
- Enter the name for the shortcut using the on-screen keyboard and tap “Add.” Safari will close automatically and you will be taken to where the app is saved!
- Launch “Chrome” app.
- Open the website or web page you want to pin to your home screen.
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to home screen.
- You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.